Thursday, April 24, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!

This year for our Anniversary we went to Seattle Washington. I have never been there before so I thought it might be a good time to go. Since Maisey is still so small we took her with us. She was such a good baby during the whole trip. When we first arrived in Seattle, I was so hungry from not eating Breakfast that I wanted to find something quick. We saw a P.F.Changs so we had lunch there. That was a big mistake since an hour later we went to Pikes Place Market and could have chose almost any kind of food we wanted. It was so much fun to walk around at all the shops and see all the different types of food. One of my favorite places was Beechers, a place where they make all different kinds of cheeses. They had the worlds best mac and cheese. It really was the best mac and Ch's I have ever had. Kevin's favorite place was Jacks Fish and Chips. He went there three times during our stay. He got fried scallops( I tried and actually really liked)Oysters(He didn't like very much but he has to try everything :)and some shrimp. They pull the stuff right out of the water and fry it up for you. We also really like a place that had this stuff that was like doughnut holes only bigger and extremely tasty. Of course Kevin got these little doughnuts that he remembered getting at his first trip to Seattle. We brought some home for the boys. It was so much fun walking around and seeing all the different kinds of food. They had fresh everything! From flowers(They sold them for 15$ for a whole big bouquet)all fresh produce(some stuff I had never seen or heard of)Fresh seafood(yummy!)and cheese. It was fun to see all the different performers on all the street corners trying to earn a buck. They was some really interesting people. All of my pictures were either Maisey and I or Masiey and Kevin. It was hard to find someone to take your picture for you. In Utah if you just look like you need your picture taken you usually have a dozen people offering to take one for you. In Seattle You feel like you don't want to put any one out.

On Wednesday night Kevin had made reservations to take a boat over to Tillimucun Village where they did a Indian dance and a salmon dinner. It was so much fun. The dinner was delicious and the entertainment was good. Someone actually offered to take our picture. Maisey was a little camera shy.












Tillimucan Village and a beautiful rainbow

Maisey on the boat

Maisey and I on the boat

Overall it was a really nice get away. I don't think I will forget the sites or sounds anytime soon. I am so grateful that Kevin just plans these trips for us to take. The last two years he just asks me where I would like to go and he plans the whole thing. How many husbands do that? I can't believe we have been married nine years! I have known Kevin since I was fifteen years old. I love him more and more everyday. Thanks so much for a wonderful time.

6 comments:

Haley said...

Looks like you had a great trip!

Emily Oman said...

Looks like lots of fun! Maisey looks so old in those pictures!! She's growing up to fast!

Lea Fuhriman said...

What a sweet husband to plan your trips for you and it looks like he did a good job! Did you see Dr. McDreamy when you were on that boat? Maisy is so adorable I want to see a picture of her in the clothes I sent you. Do they fit yet?

Kevin and Heather said...

One of the outfits is getting close to fitting and the other one might be a few more months. I will definetly take a picture.

Tara Bergsjo said...

Well,if I would have looked a little further down your page I would have saw that you had more about you trip! Still sounds like you had a great time!

Fiagle Family said...

Looks like you had fun and your mom survived the kids! I'm excited you guys had a great time. Looks like tons of fun food.