Thursday, May 29, 2008

THANKFUL FOR WHERE WE LIVE

I know I have already done a picture with all the kids on the swing set, but I am always amazed at how many kids are playing out there at any given time. Today I looked back and there was fifteen kids all playing nice with each other. I was a little shocked that they were playing so good. They all stayed out there for a couple of hours and now they are across the street in my neighbors backyard. I can now see that if I lived somewhere else it wouldn't be as easy having four small kids. I have the best neighbors who would do anything for you. I never have to worry about my kids not having someone to play with. Our street is like one large family. I have one teenage girl to the right of us and one across the street who are great with the kids and can babysit whenever I need them. Whenever I need someone to talk to I have three good friends within twenty feet of my house. When my neighbors see that I need help with anything they don't hesitate to come help. I could go on and on. I am just grateful that we live where we live. Chewy had so much fun running around in the backyard with all the kids. They were pretending that they were police and he was their police dog.

6 comments:

Emily Oman said...

You do have a pretty sweet setup! Kennedy said today she wanted a swingset like Trey's in our backyar, maybe oneday but until then we will just have to come back and use yours :)

tbergsjo said...

That is one thing I wish I had was a backyard my kids can play in, but I guess I got a park across the street and one across the river so I can't complain too much! How fun!!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Someday will will have a back yard that isn't full of weeds! But it might be when we have grandkids! Just kidding it is just a long and expensive process. That really was a lot of kids at your house! I bet you are glad they all stayed out to play and didn't all come in to play!

Haley said...

Wow! 15 kids is a lot! I wish we had a nice swing set too. It's great motivation to keep the kids outside!

Coombs Family said...

I'm glad my next door neighbor has kids toys in her yard, then everyone is at her house.

Amy said...

Lucky Lucky Lucky. If Anthon were to play with any of our "neighbors" I would probablly pass out!