
Friday I went to the Stephenie Meyer book signing. Kev stayed home and watched the kids. I left pretty early and thought I would have plenty of time to get a good spot since the doors didn't open until 5:00 I got there at 4:00 and there was probably sixty people already waiting in line. When Kevin bought my ticket he accidentally got two and since nobody wanted to pay to go to the signing with me he sold the other one on K.S.L and he told the girl to call my cell phone when she got there and I would save her a place in line. I was glad since I had somebody to talk to. Her name is Karyn and her friends name is Emily. We got along great which was good since we had to wait around for quite awhile until Stephenie Meyer came out to give her discussion. She answered questions about the new book. Questions about Twilight and the movie. I am so surprised at her humble down to earth personality considering how popular she is. She was in Time magazine, Her picture right next to Oprah as the top 100 influential people. I also like the fact that she is a Mormon housewife, so I can relate. I was so glad that I was able to go. They are saying that she could get as big as J.K Rowlings and I know there's no way I will want to fight the crowds a couple of years down the road. I had a really good time and was able to get three of my books signed. Since there was five hundred people there I only got a "Hi Heather" but that's okay. I am thankful that Kevin made all the effort to get me a ticket to go.
3 comments:
I bet that was really cool. She seems really down to earth.
All I got from Stephanie was a "Hi Haley" too, which was fine. I felt really bad for her having sign all those books-I bet she had a terrible writer's cramp! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!
That is really neat that you were able to go! Thanks for the offer on the ticket, it would have been fun but you know how it is.
Post a Comment