Monday, August 30, 2010

WE DID IT!



With a big smile on my face and a huge sigh of relief I can finally say that it is over. We ran the TOU half marathon and finished. I was so lucky to have Kevin, my sister Amanda, and my friend Tami run it with me. My SIL Tiff also ran it and got an awesome time. My friend Amy who talked us all into it wasn't able to run due to some technical difficulties. I was so bummed but I was so happy to be able to go to dinner with her the night before and have her at the finish line cheering us on. I was hoping to be under two hours but I did it in 2:03, Which isn't too bad considering I thought I was going to die on the last three miles. It has been quite the experience! Training for ten weeks was hard and time consuming but when I look back at when I couldn't run a mile without wanting to die and being able to run thirteen miles it's crazy. I am glad that I won't be waking up at six o'clock anymore to go and run. Throughout this whole experience I have wanted to scream and cry like a baby but it's funny because I am actually considering running it again. I know I never could have done it without Kevin, It was so nice to have him run it also and have each other to lean on.



The last mile and a half of the race, my friend Tami caught up to me and we ran to the finsh line together. She lives in Reno and I don't get to see her very often so it was awesome to cross that finish line together.



Here is Tami, She is awesome!

It was so nice having my friend Kami screaming for me at the end. Kevin's parents came, Tami and Amanda's husbands came and took pictures. I was so thankful for all of the support. Thanks so much to my awesome SIL Tara who watched my kids so that I could hang out with my friends the night before and after the race and so I could get a good night sleep before the race! It was such a positive day except for the soreness but it gives you such a high!

10 comments:

Camille said...

WOW!! Good job!! I'm really impressed that takes a lot of hard work. I hear that once running gets in your blood it's hard to shake off.

tbergsjo said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you! You did awesome!! It cracks me up to hear you say you are thinking about doing it again. I will be curious to see :).

emandtrev said...

Congrats!! I am so excited I got to see you, if just for a second! You need to do it again so I can actually be up by the road cheering! :)

I cheered for Tiff when she came by and when you saw me, I was griping to my mom that I didn't have my camera settings quite to my liking when she came by! Haha!

You are awesome! That is definitely something to be proud of!

Haley said...

Wow! Way to go, that is so awesome! And you look fantastic by the way, you skinny little thing!

Suz said...

Good for you! You look great to by the way! I think that is awesome that you all were able to do it together! Good time too!

Coombs Family said...

Yay! It's finnally over!

Palmers said...

Good Job Heather.....you did it:) That is so awsome. Now you are not going to want to stop. You will be like Forrest Gump and just keep runnin:) I haven't seen you in forever is right! Where have you been all my life? We need to hang out, or go on a walk or dinner or something. I miss you:)

Misty said...

That is awesome!!! Good Job:)

Amanda said...

I hope you know that the four miles we ran together is totally what made the difference :)

Seriously, congrats. One day I will do that

Heidi said...

WAY TO GO HEATHER!!!!You did awesome. Good Job. Now its the full marathon!!! Heidi V.