Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and fun in the snow!

Thanksgiving weekend was really fun! Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner at Kevin's brother Rob's house. It was delicious! he smoked a turkey and it was so juicy and moist! Kevin and I did the creamed corn ( a yummy recipe from Kev's cousin Heidi ) and I made a couple of pies( pecan and peach). Kev also took up a bunch of cocktail shrimp for an appetizer. We had a good time visiting with family. I even got to visit with my SIL who is in nursing school. We used to talk everyday, sometimes twice and now she is so busy with school that we hardly get to talk anymore. It almost brought me to tears but I sucked it up. I was just glad to visit with her. Thank you so much Tara for having dinner at your house, Your the best!


On Wednesday night Kev and I and the kids went and saw Despicable Me. It was a really good movie! I thought it was really funny but I am pretty sarcastic so maybe that's why I liked it so much. I also really like Steve Carell so that's probably another reason. We had a good time munching on popcorn and watching a movie together. Maisey was pretty good and remained in her seat most of the movie.


Yesterday we made a Thanksgiving dinner. I really wanted some more turkey! Kev and I made all of the fixings. Our neighbor Hans hurt his back really bad and has been basically bed ridden so when Kev was over snow plowing he told him we would bring him over some dinner. Well dumb me loaded up a big plate and headed over in the snow to take it to him. I decided to just hurry and put on Kevin's boots. Well I didn't tie up the laces very well and ended up tripping and almost landing face first in the snow! The food went all over the road! I was so irritated with myself but when I got back in the house Kev was just making sure I wasn't hurt. Kev took over another plate and when he got back we just laughed at it all. It's too bad nobody saw it, it probably would have been really funny to watch. It was a fun weekend and I am so glad to share it with people I love.

I guess it's time to round up all of the kids gloves, hats and boots. Trey and Maisey went outside today to have some fun in the snow. They are so funny to watch!

Maisey throwing snow in the air. She's so silly!
Maisey loving the snow!
Trey and Maisey trying to stay warm!

3 comments:

Palmers said...

Looks and sounds like fun. I want to see Despicable me also. I love Steve Carrell and think it would be so good. When are we going to have a girls night?

tbergsjo said...

Thanksgiving was great. I can't believe the weekend is already over but it was fun to be with everyone.

Marty and Kim Bergsjo said...

Oh look how sweet you are. I miss you equally as much but school is only for a short time. Thanks for always coming up to hang out. Miss you!!!