Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sugar Glider


I told the kids we were getting no more pets! Well I was wrong we got a sugar glider on Wednesday. If you have no idea what that is you can check out www.sugargliderinfo.org and read about them. Tarrin will be the person that it is most bonded to but it will still be very social with everyone. He is a marsupial and we carry him around in a fleece pouch. When he gets used to us he will ride around in your pocket. We are having lot's of fun with him. We will probably get another one sometime soon because they need friends or they get depressed (a lot like people) Kevin wants to get a female so that we can breed them but I don't know about that. He eats these little pellets that smell like dog food and he eats fruit. I was just happy that I wouldn't be feeding the thing insects or anything. The kids call him S.G and I think the name is going to stick but I'm not sure about it.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What an interesting little guy. At "pet day" your kids will have everyone intrigued!

Have fun.

tbergsjo said...

That is pretty cute! You are brave. One dog is enough for me and he is outside and I don't do anything with him :).

Suz said...

You are such a nice mom! Getting your kids exotic pets! It is pretty cute, but it is so teeny, do they get any bigger? Hope you and your kids have fun with it! They will always think they had the coolest parents!

Shelley said...

You are a great mom!