
This morning was not a very good day for my sweet little girl. As I was walking upstairs from doing some laundry I heard chewy growling. It didn't sound very good so I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and found Maisey sitting under the table with chewy and a can of whipped cream in her hand. I immediately picked her up and saw that chewy had bit her on her face below her eye. She looked awful! I thought that maybe she was going to need a couple of stitches so Trey and I ran to the doctors to see what they thought. They ended up using the glue. Since it was a dog bite she will be on antibiotics for a week. Now we have to decide what to do with chewy. He has never done this before and I know that she is rough with him and I'm sure he just wanted the whipped cream. He has always been a really great dog. He has always been very loving and gentle towards the kids. We technically have to keep him for ten days the doctor said so we can make sure he's not sick or anything. I know he's not and just wanted something to eat but I can't have him hurting Maisey again. I have heard a lot from people on both sides that say give him away and some that say he's a really good dog and you should think about it. I guess we have ten days to decide. Maisey was such a brave little girl and only cried right after the incident. She was so good at the doctors office while they cleaned her eye and took care of her. I was so happy to see this cute smile on her face even after everything that had happened. So what to do? I know what will probably end up happening but would love your input on the situation.
6 comments:
Hey Heather. This has happened to our lil family twice. The first time, my dog was about 13 and she was outside with the all the kids and some kids in the neighborhood and she snapped at a child, to scary had to put her down. The second time, we had a small collie and it bit Kobe. We loved that dog, bur figured that easier to get rid of a dog than to have him bite again, and cause some real damage. Good luck, I know they are like family members and sometimes the hardest choice is the best.
That is such a hard choice b/c on one side you don't ever want that to happen again. But on the other your kids will really miss their dog that has been part of the family for so long. We have a cat that is really good with Ella but after a few tail pulls and the cat will scratch her. I know a dog bite is much, much, more serious, but it’s still hard to make this decision. Sorry for your poor sweet girl. And for the decision you have to make.
Oh so sad! At least she is still smiling. I have no good advice for you here. I guess it's time to turn it over to the Lord. I'm sure He would be glad to help you out with such a difficult decision.
That is a really hard choice! We had to put our two dachshunds down for different reasons, but to make that choice was one of the hardest things I had to do.
Poor Maisey!! That does not look good! I know that dog is so sweet and I can't imagine trying to make your decision! I am sure that what ever you do decide will be the best for your family right now, so trust your feelings. Give Maisey a big kiss and hug from us!!
Poor Maisey! That looks like it hurts! I've always said my kids come before any dog and if ours ever bit them she would be gone, but I know if it came right down to it, it wouldn't be that easy. Good luck with your decision and hope Maisey heals up quickly!
Post a Comment