Monday, August 11, 2008

ISLAND PARK

We went to our cabin this weekend. We left on Thursday and had the place to ourselves until Kevin's family came Friday night. Kevin's family wanted to go to Jackson and see Yellowstone so we didn't see very much of them. But the time that they were there we had fun. Kevin's cousin Heidi and her husband Chris came up. I was so happy to see them. They are so nice and fun to be around.

We had a bull moose right down from our cabin. He was not as big as the one from last year but still very impressive. We also saw a coyote in in Yellowstone, a first for us. While we were out for a ride on the ranger we saw a herd of antelope. They did not see us coming so when we got closer they all took off running and it was striking to see how fast they can run.

On Saturday we headed up to Fire Hole in Yellowstone and took the kids swimming. It was really neat being able to float down with the current. It was surprising that the water was not very cold. After you jumped in it was quite nice.
We also stopped at a rendezvous that was set up in West Yellowstone. Wyatt chose a coon skin hat and Trey picked out a pop gun. All the boys wanted wooden snakes. Maisey got a cute little bonnet. It was a nice, relaxing weekend.

When we were heading out, we stopped at at the Hungry bear to fill up and as we were leaving a motorcycle swerved off the road right in front of us. It was really scary to watch. Both Kevin and I yelled to the kids to not look out their windows. We were so worried that a oncoming car was going to hit them. Fortunately the couple is going to be okay. I think the women probably just had a few bruises and scraps. Her husband kept wanting to get up but everyone kept telling him to stay still in case of a back injury. They are so lucky to be alive. It put an extra hour into our trip but I am so thankful that it turned out okay. Kevin was such a good help. We watched it happen and not even a second later he was out the door ready to help. It gave you that nice happy feeling inside to see about ten people pull over and give the couple some help within the first ten seconds after it happened. I was so impressed at the love people had for total strangers.

I didn't get too many photo's cause I was busy playing with my new camera Kevin got for me. I am so excited! Check out the photography blog in a couple of day's. I have some new photo's that I took of Chad and Emily's cute little girl Kennedy and one of Maisey in her new bonnet.

2 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am glad you had fun with the family! Sorry we couldn't be there. It would have been fun!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you guys are ok! That is so scary! I am sure they were glad you were there to help too! Wow!