
If you know me very well you know I love to cook new recipes and I love to read. And if I can read while eating some yummy food, even better! That's why I love this thepioneerwoman.com She makes some wonderful stuff. I even cooked and froze one of her recipes for our little neighbor exchange that I do. Me and a couple of ladies get together and swap three freezer meals so when we don't have the time we can just go to our freezer and grab something out. It's so nice having nine freezer meals on hand. It's been wonderful and something I hope we keep up. If anyone would like to do it with us next time just let me know. I cooked this recipe tonight for dinner. It is called Penne a la Betsy and it was so yummy! If you don't like shrimp which means your crazy you could use chicken instead and if you want it healthy use whole wheat pasta and take out the heavy cream and make a rue to thicken it up. That's probably the only thing I would change is to thicken it up a little.

Book club this month was my turn and I chose The Maze runner. It reminded me of The Hunger Games and I really liked it. The second book The Scorch Trials was even better. I can't wait until the third one comes out. I am reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton and I am about half way through it. I really like it but I knew I would because I really liked The Forgotton Garden.
Nothing beats some yummy food and a good book!
2 comments:
I just started going to a book club. I hope I can make time to keep up with it. I think you should share that recipe with me, sounds yummy!
I agree--I'm always a fan of good books and food. You'll have to share that recipe with me. It looks/sounds great!
Post a Comment