
Maisey got her second set of tubes today. She did absolutely fantastic! We were so proud of our little girl. The only traumatic experience we had was before surgery trying to get her to put on some blue and white hospital pajama's. She wasn't having any of that! Instead of making her upset they said she could wear her pink princess jammies. After that she was fine. They did the usual checking her out to make sure she is all healthy for surgery and then we were off to play until it was time to take her back. She loved playing with the kitchen set and making Kevin and I some pretty yummy entrees. One of the nurses came to talk to her all about what would happen in surgery and showed her pictures and the mask they would put on to put her to sleep. I could tell she was very comfortable with the nurse talking to her that I asked if she could go back with Maisey until she went to sleep. She was happy to ride in the red wagon and the nurse had found her some fun princess things to look at. She gave us a kiss goodbye and then we went and waited for about twenty minutes until it was time to go see her.

When we first saw her after surgery we were so happy to see that she was as content as ever just holding her teddy bear they had given her. They said she opened her eyes and the male nurse asked her if she wanted to hold her teddy bear and she just smiled and reached for it and gave it a big squeeze and smiled at the nurse. We heard so many times how sweet she was. We couldn't have asked for a better outcome. She did great and we were so happy that everything was okay.
4 comments:
What precious pictures! That is one loved little girl! I am so glad the surgery went well! Give her loves for me!
Oh poor little girl. I would rather wear the princess jammies then the ugly gown too, I don't blame her:) Hope she is doing good.
Even surgery seems wonderful when Heather is behind the camera. I love it! You guys have been through some surgeries in your days...... Glad it all went well. I miss Wednesday fun ;)
What a brave girl! That first picture is so, sooo sweet (as are all of them)!
Post a Comment