Friday, May 14, 2010

Trey's Surgery


Trey had surgery on Tuesday. He had tubes put in for excessive fluid in both ears and had all of his dental work done at the same time (cavities.) He was so excited about his green Hospital socks. He was looking at me funny when I was helping him with his hospital gown, I guess it was a little girlie for him but as soon as he saw all of the other kids with the same thing on he was fine.
He didn't seem to mind too much when they were checking him out to make sure that he was healthy before his surgery.

He had a lot of fun playing before they took him away. He was playing a game with his dad where he would put a ball in these two clear cups and ask Kevin "Where is the ball Dad" I guess he didn't realize that the cups were clear. He was being so funny and it kept him occupied so he didn't realize what was going on.
They were running about an hour behind but not once did Trey tell me he was hungry or that he was bored. He hadn't ate since seven thirty the night before and it was going on two in the afternoon before they came and gave him the Vercet( I'm not sure how to spell it) You know the stuff that makes your kid act drunk. Trey was so funny! Kev and I couldn't stop laughing and I am so mad at myself for not bringing a camcorder. He was looking all around the room and then he told us that his leg was broke, As he said this he was laughing. Then he told us both legs were broke! The anesthesiologist came and checked him out again before he took him back and Trey looked over at me and said "Mom, He's breathing on me"
Then he just laughed and stared at the ceiling. One other thing he said was the wind keeps blowing in my mouth. They make them lay down in a wagon so they don't fall since their drugged.
Trey came out of surgery not very happy. The anesthia hadn't quit wore off yet. When I went back to see him, He was crying and not very happy.
After another twenty minute nap, He woke up happy and drank some apple juice and was ready to go. He was such a trooper during the whole thing. The E.N.T told us that we would notice a significant improvement in his hearing right away and good heck he wasn't kidding! The kid can hear so much better! He was so excited when he could hear the birds chirping when he was in the house and Wyatt saying his prayers. We are so happy that he can hear better. Everyday he tells me more things that he can hear that he couldn't before.

4 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Sure glad everything went good! What a good trooper.

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am so glad everything turned out great! And what a blessing that he was so good about everything, that always makes it easier on the parents! It is so cool that he can hear better now!!

Anonymous said...

What a great kid! I love that he wasn't scared at first, my kids would have had a hard time! I'm glad he's hearing better, what a blessing!

tbergsjo said...

I still can't believe how bad his hearing was that is so crazy. I am glad everything went good and he is doing better!