Monday, June 15, 2009
Update
My dad's surgery went well. He had six bypasses and he found out that he has had three heart attacks in the past instead of the just the one he knew of. I guess you can have a heart attack and you just get really sick to your stomach and throw up a lot. I had no idea that you can have a heart attack and not know. The doctor also put holes in his heart to create new blood vessels. When we got to see him for the first time after the surgery, He was still asleep and looked awful. He had so many tubes in him and I had a hard time seeing my dad like that. I was glad to see him the next day after they had taken out the breathing tube and he looked more like himself. I was so worried that I wasn't going to have my dad anymore. I am so thankful that everything went well. My dad is in good spirits and has had wonderful nurses taking care of him. I went and saw him yesterday and we went for a little walk, We didn't go to far and we had to stop so they could take his blood pressure. He wanted to keep going but the nurse said that's enough for right now. He has to learn to take it easy and let his body heal. I had to laugh because one of the nurses was getting ready to leave and brought in her family tree for my dad to look at. If you know my dad, You know that he is very into genealogy and asks just about everybody what there last name is and where there ancestors came from. I guess this nurse has a lot of her family buried in the same cemetery where a lot of my mothers family is buried in Illinois. Such a small world. He also had a funny nurse who is from Scotland. She told my dad after he got out of the shower and hadn't combed his hair yet that he looked like a startled cockatoo. My dad enjoys good humor even if it his directed at him. I have learned a few things about this experience with my dad. One- is I do have faith even when I don't think I do. I really worried about him and for a couple of day's the what if's kept creeping in. I had to have faith to know that whatever the outcome I needed to be strong and take whatever came my way. Two- Always get a second opinion especially if your doctor practices in Logan and Three- Family means everything. I am so thankful for all the calls and especially the text messages. I am sorry if I didn't get back to everyone but I want you to know that I appreciate you thinking of me and my family at this time and praying for my dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so glad he is recovering. I hope you are still holding up okay. Call if you need anything!
Your dad sounds like mine, he loves to find out about people and see who and if they are related to him.
I am glad that everything went well. Everything in life is a learning experience and it sounds like you took the lessons given to you and have learned from them! Thanks for your testimony on Faith! It is a powerful thing!
I am so happy for you the surgery went well. It's so hard to watch a loved one go through crap like this. I'm glad you dug deep down inside and hung onto your faith. the Lord certainly knows what he is doing when he gives us trials - he wants us to remember our Faith.
I'm glad he is doing ok. We'll keep him and your family in our prayers we promise!
Im glad he is himself already!! Jeremy is not quite as discriptive keeping me filled in so thanks :) Much love from us ..the girls want to visit so bad but still have not convinced your brother to go back out there. love ya
I am so glad everything is going okay. I have been worried for you and your family. I love you! Please let me know if I can do anything to help!!!
I am so glad that things are going better now, and that his surgery went well. That is such a scary experience to have to go through and watch. You are such a strong women and I can see the faith that you have. We love you and know we are praying for you and your family.
Post a Comment