Thursday, June 11, 2009

surgery

Tomorrow morning my dad will be having open heart surgery. To make a long story short the stints that they put in six months ago after his heart attack are no good and he has been a ticking time bomb for awhile now. I am so thankful that he got a second opinion and they discovered all the other problems that his heart was having. He will be having five or more bypasses. I am nervous and I admit a little scared about the whole thing. My dad is such a great man and I pray that all goes well. His surgery is at 11:00 tomorrow and takes about four to five hours. Kevin's parents are coming down to watch the kids all day so that I can be up there with my mom and sister Stephanie. If you get a chance to read this post, Please say a prayer for my dad.

6 comments:

Christine said...

My prayers are with you and your father.
Christine

Amy said...

We are praying our hearts out over here. I love you tons. Let me know what I can do.

Camille said...

Praying that everything goes well!

The Morgans said...

My dad had a 5 bypass about a year ago after his first bypass had gotten blocked again. The surgery that they do now is amazing. My father only had a small incision at the top and the bottom of his let where they took the veins, and he was up and walking shortly after his surgery. I hope all goes well and this is some comfort. I will be thinking of him for sure.

Palmers said...

I hope everything went good with your dad and his surgery. It is always scary with surgeries and things like that. Your Lagoon pics looks like you had fun. I wish we would have been around to take our kids. It makes me want to go:)

The Fowers Clan said...

I hope it went well! and that your dad is doing good! My prayers are with you and your family!