
Saturday we woke up early and went to get some breakfast. Amy found a good place to go on her G.P.S. It's called Original house of pancakes and it was amazing! I got the Swedish pancakes and Amy had the french toast. After we had ate all of our food we tasted Tami's strawberry pancakes and they were to die for! I have never had pancakes like that in my life. I don't even normally like pancakes but these were to die for. Here is a picture of my pancakes that I got the second time that we went there.
After breakfast we headed over to Seaport Village. What a cute little place. They had all of these cute little shops and it is so beautiful.
We stayed there for awhile and went to get some lunch. Amy and Tami asked some of the local where a great place to get some lunch and they told them The Fish Market Restaurant. We went there and it was so good! I got the fish basket, It came with scallops, shrimp, and some white fish that I don't remember the name. Tami and I of course split a California roll with fresh crab(No imitation here) It was delicious and I can't wait to go back with Kevin.
We took a couple of pictures in front of this really neat statue. Kevin later told me the story behind it.
After we checked out Seaport Village for a while we headed to the beach. We went to Mission Beach. I couldn't believe how busy it was. We got a great parking spot and took off our shoes and rolled up our pants and enjoyed the scenery. It was way too cold to swim which was a little disappointing but it was such a fun atmosphere that I don't think we minded too much. Amy thought she saw someone drowning but it turned out to be a couple of dolphins. It was awesome to see them out in their own element. We had fun walking around and enjoying all of the sites. 
We did some shopping and later stopped by Harbor Village for a short time. We did some downtown shopping for awhile and we were all getting pretty exhausted by this point and headed to a diner that I once saw on the Food Network. It was yummy! I had so much fun on this trip. I am so thankful to Kevin for taking time off of work to be with the kids and taking such good care of them. I know they had so much fun bonding with their daddy. Amy and Tami are such wonderful people and I am glad that we have such strong friendships. We have been through ups and downs with each other and I am so happy that through all of the fourteen years that we have known each other we are still there for each other. I love you guys. I can't wait until next year!
13 comments:
That sounds so fun! It's good to just hang out with some girls sometimes!
Wow, that sounds awesome!! I am so glad you were able to get away!
Looks like you had a great time. I think it is wonderful you have such good friends.
Girls weekends are the best! It looks like you had a great time. San Diego is so beautiful.
How fun! Nothing like a girls weekend to feel rejuvenated. Looks like you had a great time!
Looks like you all had a ball! Sad it was a little chilly for you! It's nice and sunny now. Looks like your hit some great spots. Someone pretty darn cool gave you some great suggestions. :) I'm laughing over the mariachi band thing! What is the deal with them in old town. They are everywhere. Geez they are loud. That story cracks me up. Girls trip are the best!
Next time I am crashing the party..would have been more fun then pulling weeds here...but hey we were warmer :) haha
Good for you! It's so good to have such great friends and it makes me happy to see the three of you together. Hooray for wonderful friends!
Looks like you had so much fun. I just want to reach through the computer and eat the strawberry pancakes they look good. That is so fun for you guys though! That is fun to have such good friends to go have fun with.
You guys look like you had a lot of fun! San Diego is such a fun place! I didn't see any sea world pics tho:( Thats my fav place!
You guys are the best. It was a blast. Yay for girls trips new yearly tradition.
That is so great you guys got together to do something! I love going to eat at fun places like that!
That sounds like a blast I am Jealous!!! -Amilyn
Post a Comment