Sunday, March 1, 2009

Prayers do get answered

On Thursday night at the church basketball game I was going up for a rebound which is so funny considering we are all short on our team and all the other teams have tall players. There is basically no chance in heck you will get the rebound but Hey you have to try. I turned my neck a little too quick and I had instant pain. I am used to putting my neck out because it happens quite often and after a few minutes the pain died down and I wasn't feeling any pain. All day Friday I was fine and on Saturday I have no idea what I did but I was suddenly feeling pain in my neck. I couldn't even move my neck to the left side. I was in a ton of pain. I called Kevin and he was stuck at work so I figured well I have to suck it up and try to take care of the kids without moving. It was a lot harder than I could have imagined. I have been deathly ill before and have managed to take care of myself and the kids but this was a whole different ball game. There's not a whole lot you can do when you can't move your neck. After taking some ibuprofen and icing my neck for about four hours I realized that I just couldn't take much more. My dad who is a chiropractor was of course out of town this weekend. I decided that I needed to pray for some help. I asked for some relief from the pain and that I could find a way to resolve this situation. Awhile after I made some calls to some chiropractors in the phone book that said they work after hours. I figured there was no way I would find anyone to help me at 6:00 on a Saturday night. I made a phone call and found someone that lived in Pleasant View that worked weekends in his home. I left a message and an hour later he called me back. He doesn't live in Pleasant View but in the Remuda sub division! He said he could see me that night. I was so relieved. He knew of my dad and said not to worry about anything. He gave me a nice adjustment. I was told to put ice on it and take it easy. Not that it was hard to take it easy when you can't even move. I almost wish I would have told Kevin to take a picture because I'm sure I looked pretty funny with my head tilted to the side. I guess the morale of the story is that when you have a problem, Pray about it. I have such a greater appreciation for my body now. I can't imagine how hard it is to not be able to move around. I am doing a ton better today thanks to my husbands neck rubs, cooking dinner, teaching our church class and taking care of the kids. Tarrin was also a great help with cleaning up and helping with the younger kids. I think by tomorrow I should be almost back to normal.

6 comments:

tbergsjo said...

Oh man that sounds awful! I am glad you are feeling a little better. I hope you get back to normal quick.

Palmers said...

That is crazy. Hopefully you feel better soon! I didn't know you were playing B-ball that sounds like fun. With my luck I would do something like that though too!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Wow, that sounds painful! I am glad your prayers were answered! I hope you continue to get better! And don't over do it!!!

Camille said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I never appreciate my body until something goes wrong with it!!

Tom and Annie said...

Are you kidding your pics are amazing!!!! And holy crap your kids are beautiful!!! How are you? Where are you? Write me A.S.A.P!!!

The Bates' said...

Gosh girl...You wouldn't of ever known you hurt at this weeks game. Yeah you are right....what is a rebound?? Sounds like we ought to get Carly a schudule, she says it sounds like fun.... she doesn't know what she is missing. Good game, this week!!