
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!
I forgot to write this down and I don't want to forget all about the last doctors visit. I had a book made from all of my blog posts from last year and I am so glad I stuck with it and finished a whole year of posts. I hope my kids are grateful in twenty years and can look back at all the silly things that they did. Now, back to the doctors visit. The last time we were at the doctors office for ear infections. The doctor looked in Trey's ear and couldn't even see if he had an ear infection because there was so much wax built up. Even after trying to flush out the wax it was not going to come out without a fight. He told us to put mineral oil in his ears to soften up the wax. After a couple of weeks we notice that he wasn't hearing very well and we became concerned. So while we were at Maisey's 12 month appointment we asked Dr. Church to have a look in Treys ears. Luckily our hard work had paid off and one of his ears was clear. However the other ear was still quite full of wax. So Dr Church offers to extract it with a small ear wax removal tool. The first attempt to remove the wax was not very productive. So the doc decides to try to flush it out. After a few attempts there was no luck. So by this point Trey has been tortured so much that waterboarding looks more humane than what he is going through. Luckily they make a very powerful wax softening medicine that after fifteen minutes it turns any wax into liquid and he decides to give that a try. By this time Trey is screaming "I don't want to hear" every time the doctor comes back in the room. It took two people to hold him down while Dr. Church is digging in his ear. STILL no luck. So he tells Trey one more try with the flush. After three flushes we give up and Trey is relieved. Then the nurse notices that the wax has made it to the edge of his ear canal. This time the wax falls from his ear and it is huge! Dr. Church takes a closer look at the wax and exclaims "that's not wax, it is a popcorn kernel!" Sure enough Trey has been walking around for months with a kernel in his ear. Trey still thinks it got in there from eating popcorn. But now he hears much better and won't eat popcorn. This is Trey's newest talent, Winking!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Poor kid! I loved how he was so willing to give up his hearing to stop any further torture. I'm glad it came out alright!
I love trey...and all his cute faces. At least you found out before he had some damage on his ear drum. ...ohh and stop showing off with all your cute pictures..or you will have to come out here even if it is just our pictures haha
I know that must have been terrible for you guys to go through, but I have to admit that is hysterical. You wait until he is 16 and talking about this and I can almost guarantee the amounts of laughter.
Seriously, I'm glad he is ok.
That is the cutest story I have heard. Poor kid! Glad he is ok and can hear again!
That makes me laugh! The part about the popcorn kernel anyway, I'm sorry for the torture he had to go through to find it!
Oh man, that is to bad for the lil' popcorn lover! How in the world did a popcorn kernel get up in his ear?? Did he stick it in?? I'm glad he can hear again. Poor lil' buddie!
That is funny, now that it is over. If it was a bean it could have sprouted.
That is one crazy story!! Poor kid and poor you! I am glad everything turned out okay!
That is crazy. All the surprises we get in our kids ears. It was about this time last year we found a bead in Allisen's ear. Poor Trey I know how bad that hurts so I feel bad it took so much to get it out.
Post a Comment