Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Mac and Mickey
We were able to take a quick drive down to Kanab Utah to visit our friends Mac and Mickey. They used to live a couple of blocks away from us and Kevin and Mac got really close because of Mac's love of cars. Really fast cars!! We heard about a month ago that Mac had a brain tumor and was only given about four more months to live. We are so grateful that we could go see him. They have such a beautiful home surrounded by the red rocks. They would not let us stay in a hotel so we crashed with them for the night. Mac is so open about his death and they have taken care of everything. When we first arrived Mac told us about what was happening to him and talked a lot about the gospel. He has such a strong testimony and he shared that with us. I helped Mickey in the kitchen with lunch and we sat down to more stories and lots of laughs from Mac. Wow! He has a very good memory. I loved the story of how they first met and what he first said to her. They had some friends stop by to see Mac so we wanted to give them some time so we went sight seeing for a bit and saw the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Mac says it is such a scam! I can't believe how much money they put in to that thing. I love animals too but really those animals are treated better than humans. I was thinking if they spent that money in an orphanage or something, they could really change lives. I can't get over the pet cemetery... he, he. I have seen it all! After a bit we headed back and Mickey's friend Jeanne was there. They are high school friends and I absolutely love her! While Kevin visited with Mac, us ladies went into the kitchen and made some beef enchiladas! yummy! The best part was the teasing from Mickey and hanging out and sharing stories with the ladies. Afterwards we visited until late and then said our goodbyes since we had to leave really early to get back so Kevin could get to work at noon. I am so grateful to have known such a wonderful person. Mac and Mickey are the salt of the earth, great people! Mac told us to read the book Believing Christ and gave us a copy. I just finished it the other day. I think it was the first time I really understood the Gospel. I know I can do my absolute best but it will not be good enough, I need the Savior to help me with the rest. It talks about the parable of the bicycle and other parables that help you understand the Gospel so much more. As we were talking with Mac, I would watch all the humming birds coming to get a drink from the bird feeder. I will always hold that memory near and dear to my heart. Listening to such a wonderful man while watching these beautiful birds. I am so thankful for such great friends! Love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment