Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just turned four and No more training wheels!


On Sunday Kevin was fixing the chain on Trey's bike so we could go for a family bike ride. He had to take off the training wheels to fix the chain. Kevin had been watching him and thought that he could probably ride without them. He decided to give it a try. They hadn't even got out of the driveway until Kevin let go and Trey was riding on his own. Trey got a little scared and decided to stop riding. We bribed him with an ice cream cone to get him to keep going. It worked and he hasn't stopped riding since. It doesn't suprise me that he has been our youngest to ride his bike without training wheels. Tarrin and Wyatt were both five and it took a couple of days of practice. With Trey it was effortless. He is our more adventurous child and seems to have no fear. Were so proud of our little man!

6 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

Good job buddy! He looks so cute and happy in those pictures! I love it when they don't have training wheels any more. They don't fall as often!!

Camille said...

good for him! I want to start Ian soon without training wheels, but he doesn't seem to be to happy about it.

The Fowers Clan said...

That is awesome! I love the ice cream pictures so cute!

Palmers said...

You read my blog and I made you crave chips and salsa. Now Im reading your blog and I want to go and get a yummy ice cream cone:) That looks so good!

Shelley said...

Good job!!!
And love the bribery.

Christine said...

My 6yr old girl (will be 7 in July) has not learned to let go of the training wheels yet. After reading your post I am sure it is time. I hope she agrees.