Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Trey's Baptism






Trey was baptized last Saturday. It was a really good day. Tarrin gave the talk on Baptism and Grant gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Both did a very good job. I especially liked when Tarrin told his brother he was proud of him and loved him:) Tarrin played one of Kevin's favorite hymns on the guitar. He did a great job. Trey was very excited to be baptized and was glad that his wrongs were washed away. Before the baptism I asked Trey who he wanted to give the talks. He said he wished my friend Alese could do it. My friend died a few months ago and Trey absolutely loved her. She was his nursery teacher and then his primary teacher. At her funeral her daughter talked about Alese having a drawing of Trey's on her fridge that she had kept there for a very long time. Trey adored her and she loved him. I felt like she was there that day and was grateful that her husband Barry could be there. It was a beautiful day filled with family and friends. I am so thankful for a husband who holds the priesthood and takes such good care of his family. We all chuckled a little at his 1960s clothes that they had there for Kevin. Good times. We are so proud of you Trey and your decision to be baptized!


No comments: