Wednesday, August 22, 2012
This Sucks!
I went yesterday to see the Orthopedic Surgeon that Basic Sports Medicine had referred me to. I am still limping and having some pain but have felt a lot better in the last couple of days. The doctor checked me out and thinks I have a hip stress fracture. I had some x-rays done and you couldn't see anything which is common so he would like me to get a MRI done. He wanted me to go off of my anit- inflammatory and muscle relaxers to see if it was just masking my pain. Last night it was bothering me quit a bit but since I don't know for sure I'm just going to see what the next couple of days bring. I'm okay to do other things other then running but Its just upsetting when I have so many friends and family running the race and I've trained for so long. I have had a couple of good cries which I know is so stupid but I have gotten this far and it just sucks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so sorry. It is not stupid to cry at all. Anyone that has experience training and running a race would totally understand the hard work and dedication that goes into it. I will hold out hope but don't do anything that will hurt you more. I love Maisey's dance pictures. so fun. I can't believe 3 of your kids are in school all day. How crazy!
I'm praying you will heal fast.
Soooo so sorry! You train hard and then you have to deal with this. Boo for injuries..... if it makes you feel better, I will run it next year with you and you will beat me :)
Post a Comment