Monday, August 27, 2012

3 brothers, 1 sister, 1 SIL and hubby and lots of awesome friends!



It was hard for me to watch everyone run the marathon but I am so proud of my family and friends that ran it this year. Kevin's knee didn't work after about five miles and he had to stop. It was really frustrating for him and it sucks that this year it just wasn't going to happen for us. I have him going to see my doctor next week so hopefully when can figure out all of these dumb injuries! My brother Jeremy who was told not to run from his doctor due to his back did an amazing job and came in at 1:41. It was his first half marathon. My brother Chris who is pushing fifty also did great and came in around 2:07. I talked to him the night before and he really was worried about how he was going to do and he did great! My sister Amanda came in just seconds after 2:00 and told me never to ask her to do it again! It's funny because they all say that but I have heard a couple of them say they might do it again next year. I guess it takes a couple of days after to event think about next year. My brother James ran it for the first time and his wife Kari also did it! Kari broke her toe a couple of months ago and was only about to train for a few weeks. She did awesome and came in at 1:54. I was worried James would kill me for talking me into doing it but he says maybe next year and fourty pounds lighter. It sucks that I wasn't able to run but Kevin kept telling me its the journey and not the destination. As I look back I think he may be right. I had a great time training with Misti and Tiffany and most importantly Kevin. Even though we don't have the same pace it was nice to go run in the mornings together.


We saw Jeremy first and it was fun to see him running down from the canyon.



Amanda giving thumbs up! I know she loves doing the marathon even if she hates me afterwards!


I managed to get Chris to sign up again this year! He doesn't like me very much right now but he did so great!




James and Kari after the race! I'm so proud!


The picture that kills me not to be in! I love my family!

1 comment:

Fiagle Family said...

even with set backs it looks like you guys all had a fun time :)