Friday, May 6, 2011

Tarrin's Tonsillectomy

Tarrin had his Tonsillectomy/Partial adenoid surgery on Wednesday. Check in was at 9:15 at Primary Children's same day surgery. The place was busy! We have had a lot of surgeries in the past and the waiting room was packed. Tarrin didn't seem to be nervous and played his DS while we waited to be checked in. When we got to the room where he would be checked over to see if he was healthy enough to be able to go into surgery he was outfitted in his hospital clothes. They were out of the child's large pants so he got some regular men's pants which were huge!





It was okay after I tightened them and rolled them over a few times. He got checked over and played a little video games and then it was time to wait in the other room.




After a little bit we talked with Dr. Munz and the anesthesiologist. Then they took him back. I wish this part gets easier but it never does for me. Tarrin had a fathers blessing that morning and was not acting nervous at all but it always worries me when they take them away. I don't think that will ever change.

We waited for about an hour and then Dr. Munz came and talked with us. Everything went good and I guess his tonsils were long and it was good they took them out. Now we just hope that it will clear up his sleep apnea! I was able to go back and see him. Only one parent can go back at first. Tarrin always has a hard time coming out of anesthesia. I guess he was sitting up and back down a bunch and having a hard time. As soon as I got there and talked with him and comforted him, He calmed down a little. After we got to the next room they called Kevin back and Tarrin finally fell asleep. He slept for awhile and then he was able to go home.




Tarrin threw up a few times on the way home. I had to make sure and give him his medicine every four hours. He did pretty good the first day and yesterday was also pretty good. He doesn't like to talk and he's only eating ice cream but he did manage to eat some mashed potatoes and gravy last night. This morning was a little difficult for him and he was in a lot of pain. After a little while when the medicine got into his system he was able to sleep and now seems to be doing a little better. I hate seeing him in pain and hope the recovery goes quickly. I am so thankful for my friends and neighbors who helped watch the other kids while we down at the hospital and for the calls and support for Tarrin. We love you Tarrin!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your poor baby! He is so lucky to have such a cute Mom to take such good care of him! HOpe he has a speedy recovery and that you get some sleep! Happy Mother's Day!

Fiagle Family said...

you guys have been busy! birthdays and surgery. Glad everyone doing ok. i hope his surgery fixes everything

Tara Bergsjo said...

I love the pants picture, to funny. I also love the picture of them checking him out, he looks like he is trying not to smile. I love that kid! To bad he got sick on the way home that is never any fun! We will keep him and your whole family in our prayers. We love you guys!!

tbergsjo said...

I hope T is feeling better. We missed you yesterday. I hope you had a good Mother's Day.