Friday, March 19, 2010

No More Tonsils!

Wyatt had his tonsils out on Wednesday. You will have to forgive me on the pictures. I forgot my camera and Kevin's cell phone was the only option. Wyatt's surgery was scheduled at 10:45 a.m and I was surprised because they got him in right on time. Wyatt was absolutely amazing! He is such a brave kid! He didn't complain at all and just took what was coming to him. Here he is getting ready for surgery and after he got his hospital gown on.
Wyatt was really good after the surgery and just kept sipping on his root beer slushy. They let him pick out a blanket and he chose a hockey one. Wyatt has done really good so far, As long as we keep up on his medicine he seems pretty good. He has been a little bit irritable today but nothing that some good ice cream and Popsicles can't cure. His diet consists of ice cream, Popsicle's and chicken noodle soup. That's all that I can get him to eat for now. I am so thankful for modern medicine and their great E.N.T doctor Dr. Munz.

6 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am so glad he was so brave! If they are scared and upset I think it would be so much harder on us parents. I am glad he is doing good. I am sure it will get lots better everyday. ( unti the scabs start to fall off. I think I remember it being a little sore then when Peanut got her out. But nothing to bad) Love you guys. Let us know if we can do anything!

Haley said...

Dr. Munz did Livi's tonsils and adnoids when she was 2. He is AWESOME! Wishing you all a quick recovery!

Camille said...

Good for him for being so brave! Ice cream as a diet isn't so bad either.

Fiagle Family said...

who doesnt want an ice cream diet??!! Glad he's doing ok. The girls got him a tooth fairy book :) its in the mail...soon..lol

Emily Oman said...

What a tough little guy! My diet is ice cream too! :) Hey can you let me know when it's time to sign up for swimming again? I know they fill up quick. I give you a call sometime :)

Palmers said...

Oh I forgot he was doing that. That makes scense why you have been slacking off at the gym:) Hope he is doing good. I want to come and eat some ice cream with him.