

Yesterday Wyatt came in yelling he had found a frog jumping by our fence. I went to see what all the racket was about and he was holding this big bullfrog. It was really big. I have gotten used to the frogs that the boy's catch in Island Park, but this was a lot bigger. The kids played with it for awhile and then we put it in a bucket with a little water so that Kevin could see it later. We had to go and get Tarrin some new glasses because one of the lenses fell out in the water at my family reunion never to be seen again. When we got back the kids played some more with the frog. Maisey would look at it close and touch it but we couldn't get her to hold it. The boys liked chasing her around with it until I put a stop to it. I hope she survives growing up with her three brothers. After a while we decided it was time to let the frog go. Me and the kids unlocked the gate and went over to the canal. The grass is so tall and the canal is so far down that I had Tarrin just throw it in. It made a big splash and was laying upside down that I thought we had killed it but after a second it turned over and swam under some moss. Wyatt was really sad to let it go but we just a had to reassure him that the frog was a lot happier living in the wild then in a bucket with kids bugging it. He kept asking me about that frog all night "Mom, How is it going to eat", and "What if it gets hurt". For hanging out with us for such a short time he sure was attached to that frog. I have gotten used to snakes and all sorts of insects being shown to me by the kids, but this was a first for a bullfrog. I think I will miss that frog. Who knows maybe if Maisey kissed it, It would have turned into a prince!
7 comments:
That frog is huge! Maisey looks so cute in that pic with Mr Froggy! Cute hair! I don't know if I would ever get used to boys bringing snakes to me! Yuck!
Those pictures are so cute! I love how curious Maisey looks. I'm sure she's going to see lots more frogs with all the boys around.
That frog is HUGE!!! I can't get over how brave your kids are with nature's creatures! My kids loved looking at the pictures of the frog, but I don't know if anyone of them would have touched it!!
Man...you should have had her kiss that frog..you never know!
Ok, now my real response as a mother of three girls, SSSOOOO glad my kids are bringing me snakes, etc.
Heather you are seriously talented!!! Those pictures are awesome! Your kids are so cute and brave.
Oh my heck I can't believe how big that thing is. I like frogs, it is the big gross toads that I can't handle....I love the pics they are so cute too!
What is up with your house? Everytime I turn around it's a new creature you're dealing with. And I don't live that far from you. It's an exciting cul-de-sac you're in!
Post a Comment