Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simplify

Over the last couple of months I have really been thinking a lot about simplifying my life. We first started by eating out less, Stopped going to movies unless it was at the cheap theater, I got addicted to pinching your pennies which by the way has cut my grocery shopping in half and I have been able to expand my food storage. I love it when even the cash register person is shocked at how much I'm paying for all of my groceries. Last shopping trip I saved 140.00 dollars and spent 98.00, Now that's savings!! Girls night outs are getting ice cream instead of a whole meal at a nice restaurant. Activities with the kids are always something discounted(I love the paper they sent home with the kids at one of the last days of schools about all of the free things to do on Saturdays during summer break) or Art in the Park which we have missed the last couple of weeks but are looking forward to getting back. Who would of thought that living more simply could make your life so much happier. We have a ways to go but I have already seen the positive impact that it has made on me and the kids. There is so much that you can go without with but its amazing that you always think that you need it. I don't mind living on the poor side of the subdivision in my little house(An old post of Camille's)or just hanging out with Kevin and the kids. Thanks for the chat Marci!

5 comments:

The Fowers Clan said...

Amen Sista! AMEN! Isn't life over on the poor side great! HAHA

Suz said...

Good for you! I miss Pinching your Pennies, can't figure out how to use it down here,cause the grocery store sucks! Its fun to see what you can find to do that doesn't cost much!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Wow you saved $140 that is amazing. You've got saver skillz! I need to learn your tricks is Pinching your pennies a website? Please pass on your wealth of saving knowledge. :)

Shelley said...

I'm proud of you. I've always been a "penny pincher", so when those women started that website, it was nice to see I was on the right track.
So...if you are on the poor side, what exactly do you think of my side?!?!?

Palmers said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the cabin. I can't believe that bear that is so close:)