Saturday, October 11, 2008

THE SEQUOIAS

Were back from our week long vacation to California. Before my post all about Disneyland, Tarrrin's birthday, and staying at my brothers house I have to post about The Sequoias.(The first pictures on my camera that I went through) They were breathtaking. It was like walking around a magical forest! The Sequoias are huge! I mean huge!

When we first got there, There was a bunch of people off the side of the road. I thought they were looking at one of the tree's. It was a bear! The picture isn't that great but you can tell it's a black bear.

My brother packed a lunch for us. So here we are eating at Sequoia National Park.

Here's the kids looking at the tree's. Tarrin was amazed at how big they were.

I want to call this a pine cone but there wasn't any pine tree's there. This thing fell down from either a redwood or a Sequoia and about hit my sister-in-law in the head. I thought a gun had been shot it sounded so loud. It was as long as Maisey.

We had such a good time and it was so beautiful! It is definitely on my list for favorite National Parks. Check out my photo blog. Kev and I had a good time taking pictures.

2 comments:

Camille said...

That looks so nice! Love family vacations!

Fiagle Family said...

I think a squirrel was just out to get me!! I'm glad you guys had fun even though it was freezing! Wacko weather