Who knew that at 33 you could get shingles! On Monday and Tuesday I was feeling awful. My right ear was hurting so bad and I thought I had a major ear infection. I went to Mountain View clinic and saw a PA and she took a look and told me everything was fine. I knew I wasn't fine. There was a blister on my forehead but I didn't think anything about it. The next day I was still in pain and when I touched my face on the right side it felt like a million needles pricking my skin. I luckily was able to get into a dermatologist who determined it was shingles. He put me on a anti-viral medication to stop it from progressing and some pain medication. I have been in terrible pain and to top it off Kevin and I are leaving for Mexico next week! I am doing better today and trying to get off of the pain meds. My face got a little swollen and I have bumps that hurt behind my ear. For awhile my eye had lots of pressure but that seems to be getting better. My lymph node on my right side has been super swollen but I have been keeping ice on it. It's crazy that two little blisters can cause this much pain! I do feel extremely blessed because I know it could be so much worse!
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Shingles
Who knew that at 33 you could get shingles! On Monday and Tuesday I was feeling awful. My right ear was hurting so bad and I thought I had a major ear infection. I went to Mountain View clinic and saw a PA and she took a look and told me everything was fine. I knew I wasn't fine. There was a blister on my forehead but I didn't think anything about it. The next day I was still in pain and when I touched my face on the right side it felt like a million needles pricking my skin. I luckily was able to get into a dermatologist who determined it was shingles. He put me on a anti-viral medication to stop it from progressing and some pain medication. I have been in terrible pain and to top it off Kevin and I are leaving for Mexico next week! I am doing better today and trying to get off of the pain meds. My face got a little swollen and I have bumps that hurt behind my ear. For awhile my eye had lots of pressure but that seems to be getting better. My lymph node on my right side has been super swollen but I have been keeping ice on it. It's crazy that two little blisters can cause this much pain! I do feel extremely blessed because I know it could be so much worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment